Give us a second guys, we’re getting a little bit emojinal here. Not because we can’t spell the word ‘emotional’ properly, but because we recently created this super-cool quiz to coincide with World Emoji Day! Celebrated annually on 17th July since 2014, we’re answering the question you’ve all been asking; “how would some of my favourite holiday destinations look in emoji form?”
Fear not, icelolly.com are here to help and below are 20 teasers for you to tackle - each being either a city, country or region. If you get stuck, we’ve listed some clues slightly further down this page, followed by each answer.
Have a go and let us know how you get on in the comments!
So you’re struggling with the quiz, huh?
Need some help?
Are you sure?
Didn’t hear that. Shout it.
Shout it. Literally. Like, out loud. We can’t hear you.
Come on, do you need some help or not?
After 3. Shout “I NEED HELP!"
We have no idea whether you shouted or not. We’re too far away.
Anyway, here are the clues:
- What’s the name of the animal?
- The emojis represent the name of a film. The second emoji features in a popular song from that particular movie.
- The first emoji isn’t about currency and think about what feeling would occur if you banged your head.
- The noise a particular animal makes. An endearing term used to reference a loved one. The word for ‘two’ in a different language.
- What shape can be seen?
- A word used to frighten someone. The relationship one of the characters has to the others. Could sure use with some sort of control for that third emoji.
- What gender is the second emoji? Another word for that is…
- A dark coloured alcoholic drink. Also consider the slang term used for emoji three.
- The first emoji isn’t very happy. Take the second literally and pronounce the third differently to how you first may have.
- Something you do when you talk to someone. The final three are plural.
- Think about the item of clothing and one of two things shown in emoji two.
- The first emoji is two words, you only need the second. The other is something you might say after the feeling from clue 3 would occur.
- Consider the final part of clue 9 and then ask yourself what the singular version of the third emoji in teaser 13 is.
- What is happening in each calculation?
- What kind of chart is it? How do people across the Atlantic refer to a mobile? A word to reference someone on their own.
- Take the first two emojis literally. What does that third one need?
- The name of an animal. Also, what is being cut?
- A form of market. There’s no place like that second emoji.
- If you got number 11, this one will be a breeze.
- Take the first and third emojis literally. Consider the shape of the fourth.
How do you think you’ve done?
Ready for some answers?
Are you sure?
You’re not cheating are you?
The king and queen of the emoji world would not appreciate this.
Is that even a thing? You know, the king and queen of the emoji world?
Like, do they actually exist?
You’d better hope not if you are in fact cheating here.
They might set the angry face emoji on you.
Be afraid, be very afraid.
If you’re cheating, scroll back up now. QUICK!
How’s the weather over where you are?
Sorry, just making sure the cheaters had left.
It’s probably time for some answers, don’t you think?
Let’s see how you’ve done…
Don’t forget to tell us how you got on in the comments section.
If you don’t, we’ll set the disappointed face emoji on you. That’s WAY WORSE than the angry face emoji.
You’ve been warned…