Letna Park (Letenské Sady) is situated on Letna hill, and was built on a flat plateau overlooking the beautiful Vltava River. This idyllic park has green open spaces and a long avenue lined with magnificent pine trees, as well as mature trees, colourful plants and luscious bushes growing up the hillside. There are also biking paths, spaces for in-line skating, skateboarding areas, pétanque pitches and a children’s playground.
A visit to the park allows you to enjoy some peace and quiet in beautiful, tranquil surroundings. At the base of the park, there is a large metronome (built on what was once the location for the biggest Stalin’s statue in Europe). To the right of the metronome is the Hanavsky Pavilion, a Baroque-style, cast iron structure built for the Centennial Exhibition during 1891. It consists of a magnificent staircase, a metal-plated balustrade and a magnificent oriel as well as an attractive balcony. Now, it is used as a restaurant and can be booked for weddings and business gatherings.
Letna Park also has a chateau, which houses four restaurants and a garden terrace overlooking the Old Town.